All new UK/EU students and all new and returning international students must attend a check-in session upon arrival at the University.
- New UK/EU students must attend check-in after completing Online Registration.
- New and returning international students must attend check-in before completing Online Registration.
At check-in we verify your documents and formally record your arrival at the University.
New students will also receive a student ID card featuring your name, photograph and student ID number. Keep your student ID card safe when you get it as you will need it to prove your identity to:
- Access certain facilities (e.g. Library sites)
- Travel free of charge on the campus bus and Stagecoach number 50 (free between Adelphi Street/Oldfield Road and MediaCityUK)
- Discuss fee payment at the Income and Treasury Office
- Collect a certificate
- Take any examinations
- Access some campus facilities out-of-hours
If you are an undergraduate student and your fees are paid by the Student Loans Company (SLC), you must attend check-in at the time indicated on your induction timetable so that we can confirm your attendance at the University to the SLC.
As an international student you must bring with you to International Check-In, your original passport and visa (valid for study at the University of Salford) and photocopies of these documents. You are also required to bring with you all original certificates which were used to obtain your place here at the University. If you are a Tier 4 sponsored student these are the qualifications that are detailed on your CAS statement.
For example, these may include the following documents:
- SELT – Secured, English Language Test i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson’s or other English language proficiency certificates.
- High school qualifications certificates
- Previous degree certificates
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate (If applicable)
Providing the requested documentation for checking is a vital part of your registration process and you will not be able to register if you cannot provide these documents when you arrive at the University.
You do not need to check in.
If you are a distance learner and want an ID card, send in by email a jpg passport quality photograph from your student email account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
State your student ID number and the preferred postal address the ID card should be sent to.
What happens if I don’t register or check in?
All UK/EU students must register within two weeks of the start date of teaching. If you do not register, you will be officially withdrawn, and will no longer be a student at the University.
International students must register within two weeks of the start date of teaching. If you do not, the University will withdraw its sponsorship of you and report this to the UK Borders Agency.
If you are studying on a Salford Business School Postgraduate Block Delivery programme please note, due to the nature of teaching on these programmes, your last date of registration and check-in must be prior to the commencement of your course. Failure to register and check-in prior to the commencement of your course will result in a requirement to defer your programme start date.
For any queries about Salford Business School Postgraduate Block Delivery programmes registration and check-in requirements please contact your School Programme Administration Team by emailing email@example.com.